Code of Federal Aviation Regulations 14 CFR Part 61.187(b)(3) details the areas of operation in which training must be received for the issue of a Certified Flight Instructor -Helicopter, and 14 CFR Part 61.183 details the minimum requirements for the issue of the rating Certified Flight Instructor (Helicopter) - minimum eligibility requirements.
There is no minimum hour requirement for the training for a CFI(H), and the training required to become proficient to the required standard will vary from person to person.
The course is typically 15-20 hours of flight instruction, and 30 hours of ground instruction, and the sample costing is based on these typical times.
Course Outline & Fees
- 15 hours of dual flight instruction | $5,250
- 30 hours of ground instruction (one-to-one) | $1,800
- 2 FAA written knowledge tests | $165 (each)
- Practical test and check ride | $750
Course Total - $8,130
If you have any questions, want to know more or would like to speak to us about booking this course please call us on (00) 1 772 607 2624 or click the button below.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language to at least ICAO level 4 (minimum operational level)
- Hold an FAA third class medical certificate
- Hold either an FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate or Airline Transport Pilot Certificate with a Rotorcraft Category, Helicopter Class rating
- Pass a written knowledge test on the Fundamentals of Instruction
- Pass a written knowledge test for Certified Flight Instructor - Helicopter
- Complete a minimum of 15 hours of PIC flight time in helicopters
- Pass a practical test with an FAA Designated Pilot Examiner – the test comprises an oral exam and a flight test