Code of Federal Aviation Regulations 14 CFR Part 61.157(e)(4) details the areas of operation in which training must be received for the issue of an Airline Transport Pilot Certificate, Rotorcraft - Helicopter, and 14 CFR Part 61.161 details the minimum aeronautical experience requirements for the issue of the certificate.
Airline Transport Pilot Certificate, Rotorcraft-Helicopter - minimum eligibility requirements as listed in the grey box.
There is no minimum requirement for training for the issue of the Airline Transport Pilot Certificate, but most pilots will benefit from some refresher training in preparation for the practical test. The course is based on 5 hours of flight and ground training, and this may be varied to suit the particular individual and their specific needs.
Course Outline & Fees
- 5 hours of dual flight instruction | $1,750
- 8 hours of ground instruction (one-to-one) | $480
- FAA written knowledge test | $165
- Practical test and checkride | $750
Course Total - $3,145
If you have any questions, want to know more or would like to speak to us about booking this course please call us on (00) 1 772 607 2624 or click the button below.
About This Course
- Be at least 23 years of age
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language to at least ICAO level 4 (minimum operational level)
- Hold an FAA first class medical certificate
- Hold a valid Commercial Pilot Helicopter Certificate
- Hold a valid Instrument - Helicopter Rating
- Pass a multiple choice written knowledge examination
- Have a minimum of 1,200 hours of flight time, which must include 200 hours of helicopter flight time
- Have a minimum of 500 hours of cross-country flight time
- Have a minimum of 100 hours of night flight time, which must include 25 hours of night flight in a helicopter
- Have a minimum of 75 hours of instrument flight time
- Have a minimum of 25 hours PIC instrument flight time in a helicopter
- Pass a practical test with an FAA Designated Pilot Examiner – the test comprises an oral exam and a flight test