The requirements for eligibility for an EASA Commercial Pilot License (Helicopters) are defined in the EASA Aircrew Regulation 1178/2011, Part-FCL 315 for the experience and training requirements, and Part-FCL 310 for the theoretical knowledge requirements.
Course Outline & Fees
- 30 hours of dual flight instruction (including solo time) | $10,500
- 5 hours of night flight instruction (if required) | $1,750
- 10 hours of ground instruction (one-to-one briefing/de-briefing) | $600
- EASA medical (approx. payable to EASA authority) | $500
- License Skill Test (approx. payable to EASA authority) | $1,300
Course Total - $14,650
If you have any questions, want to know more or would like to speak to us about booking this course please call us on (00) 1 772 607 2624 or click the button below.
Commercial Pilot License - minimum eligibility requirements :
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language to at least ICAO level 4 (minimum operational level)
- Hold an EASA second class medical certificate
- Pass 14 theoretical written knowledge examinations in the following subjects : Air Law, Human Performance, Meteorology, Principles of Flight (Helicopter), Operational Procedures, Aircraft General Knowledge - Airframe/Systems/Powerplant, Aircraft General Knowledge - Instrumentation, General Navigation, Radio Navigation, Mass and Balance, Performance (Helicopter), Flight Planning and Monitoring, Visual Flight Rules (VFR) Communications. If ATPL(H) exam credits are required there is an additional exam in IFR Communications.
- Before the training course is commenced, have completed at least 155 hours of flight time in helicopters, which must include 50 hours PIC time, of which 10 hours must be cross country flight time
- Complete at least 30 hours of dual instruction, to include at least 10 hours of simulated instrument flight
- Unless a night rating is held, complete at least 5 hours of night flight instruction, to include 3 hours of dual instruction with at least 1 hour of cross country night flight, and 5 solo night circuits, each to include a take-off and landing
- Have completed a total of 185 hours of flight time, of which 50 hours must be PIC time, of which 10 hours must be cross country time, including at least 1 cross-country flight of at least 185 km (100nm), with full stop landings at 2 aerodromes different from the aerodrome of departure
- Pass a license skill test with a flight examiner